RESL is a safe, versatile applied battery research laboratory with test systems ranging up to 100 kW, 1000 A, 800 V, and grid-regenerative.
Our facility and laboratory has a broad array of technical systems (electrical, thermal, data-acquisition) in a purpose built space for safety of our experiments, researchers, and the public. Specifically:
- Single-story non-flammable structure with multiple loading docks and egress points
- Division of test space, technical space, and monitoring space with fire-doors and safety-glass
- Sprinkler, safety shower, eyewash, and alarms
- Dedicated HVAC system and operation of the test space in slight negative pressure
- Fume hood for battery dissection
- Containerized battery storage (20′)
Three units to operate on the range of cells, modules, and entire large battery packs. A GLI-GK Regenerative Unit and two Arbin Units.
Two units including liquid and air cooling and a range of operation from -80 to +350 degrees C.
Approximately 500 kWh of batteries available at all times, including lithium-ion, lead-acid, sodium-nickel-chloride, nickel-metal-hydride, etc. In the lithium-ion category we operate 4 positives (NCA, NMC, LMO, LFP), 2 negatives (GR, HC), 3 formats (prismatic, cylindrical, pouch), and 3 thermal types (passive, air, liquid)
A broad array of measurement instruments including: Fluke oscilloscopes, battery IR meters, and meggers; digital SG instruments; and a host of dataloggers from Campbell Scientific and DataTaker. We ruggedize these for site deployments.
We build all our own cabling using high-quality Carol cable, Magna-lugs, and Anderson Power connectors.
Used for battery fill, analysis, and dissection.